(Hi! :waves:)
A few weeks ago Jason and I went on a "Living Local Hippy Tour" of the city and stopped in a antique store to have a look around. Anyone that knows me, is aware of the growing obsession I have with tea cups. I LOVE tea cups. So I begged a visit - just to look - at the tea cups!
But I found him instead. I am also a lover of brass trinket boxes and I had never seen one that was a crustacean before; I was in love.
But I found him instead. I am also a lover of brass trinket boxes and I had never seen one that was a crustacean before; I was in love.
The I found the tea cup section and I had to make a choice. The mostly precious, dainty, hand painted Irish tea cup or a brass crab (which was a steal.) I picked the tea cup.
I had to! It was to beautiful not to and I *had* to have it! But I promised the trinket box that I would be back for it and hid him quietly behind a cow cookie jar. =D
Today; Jason dropped me off at the shoppe on his way to work and I popped in, hell bent on finding him and hoping that my cow did a good job of keeping him from sight.
BRAVO COW - as soon as I walked to the corner I saw his little pincers and my heart went all a flutter! Honestly, it takes very little to make this Fraulein happy; tea cups, depression glass and brass trinket boxes. And wine. and truffles. and Irish Sodas. Seriously, not much.
(This is going next to the kitchen sink, he is perfect for my rings when doing the washing up!)
(Now he just needs a name!)
Do you collect any interesting antiques or carry a torch for any particular trinkets? If so, please share! I am starting to think that I am in the early stages of a extreme hording habit!

No comments:
Post a Comment